Monday, August 13, 2012




Today's Outfit of the day reminded me of Popeye and Olive Oyl for some reason, probably the extensive train of hunter green flowing from my maxi!

Either way, I decided I really wanted to wear my maxi, but of course, strapless isn't work appropriate unless Hugh Hefner signs your checks.

So to stay summery, I threw on a white-collared button down (Same as used in the The Big Blue Sea post from August 1st) over my dress. Since the top is regular length, and I wanted to define my waistline, I cinched the waist with a brown braided belt.

Twisted Chain Bracelet - Charlotte Russe








Tip: When cinching a loose top with a belt, pulling the top half over the belt dramatically creates a sort of peplum shape. Gives you're outfit more dimension when working with a fitted bottom!

Voila! Still summer chic, but ready for the workplace!

xo



0 comments:

Post a Comment